Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Roasted Kale = Yum!

Kale is one of my favourite vegetables and one of the few my daughter will eat so I don't know what took me so long to try roasting it.   The bunch I had in the fridge was looking a little sad so I decided today was the day.   If I don't eat some greens every day I notice myself getting cranky so it's always nice to discover a new way to prepare them. 

I tossed the kale in a bowl with a little sesame oil, sesame seeds and salt, threw it in the oven for 10 minutes and voila!   Easy, healthy finger food.  We gobbled up the entire pan in a few minutes. 

She ate almost the entire plate!

Crispy Roasted Kale

6 comments:

  1. I have never eaten roasted kale. And now I have heard how to make it twice in the last two weeks! It must be fate for me to try some.

    What temperature for the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a sign Jeannette! Oven - 375

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my daughter eats it, it will be a miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Have got to try this! I bet that my son would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet he would too! I'm going to make it again with different seasonings this week. I'll let you know how it goes. The great thing is it's super easy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this tonight and used toasted sesame oil, and no other seasonings. I really liked the dry ones the best! But, I think I ate too much, it was so good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!